Abbey Hill Academy is a magical place where young people aged 11 to 19 who have learning difficulties and disabilities learn, grow, inspire and achieve.
We believe that every student must be nurtured, valued and empowered to have the highest aspirations for their future and to reach their full potential.
We are committed to fulfilling the Trust’s motto “To do more and to do it better” and for that reason we strive to have high expectations for all.
It is our aim that all students are involved in an inspiring, personalised curriculum that enables them to flourish academically and socially.
We want all our students to feel safe and secure during their time with us and for that reason we have a very robust, caring pastoral system.
- An academy, where amazing children do amazing things!
- Every child will receive a high quality education and level of care through a culture of positive attitudes, high expectation and aspiration.
- Responsive - Responding to changing contexts, the needs of individuals, families and communities
- Autonomous - Encouraging collaboration and embracing diversity
- Inclusive - Supporting the individual needs of our children and young people and developing our staff
- Successful - Being ambitious for our children and young people and enabling our professionals to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Empowering - Having the confidence to do more and to do it better
The academy improvement plan summary is outlined here